POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Proposal for 4.0 core control : Re: Proposal for 4.0 core control Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:26:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Proposal for 4.0 core control
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 14 Oct 2002 14:55:49
Message: <3dab1335@news.povray.org>
In article <3DA### [at] starmanee> , Vahur Krouverk
<vkr### [at] starmanee>  wrote:

> Why not? Why not to implement cross-platform UI by using some
> (scriping??) language? I guess suppirting Windows/Linux/Unix/MacOS
> should be sufficient and there is quite a number of tools for such task:
> Tk/Tcl (or whatever it was called, never can't remember it :-), Python
> (Yea, I know, that some here
> hate Python, but Pyvon seems to be nice step in direction of
> cross-platformness), Java with JNI for interface with POV-Ray core etc.

Well, as far as a scripting language for 4.0 we have been considering to
allow functions written in Perl or maybe Scheme would be a good idea.  That
would make all those people happy who don't like the current scripting
capabilities.  And users could extend the GUI this way from inside POV-Ray
scene files.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde